Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

A New School Year


First Day Of School 2014/2015 Senior and Freshman

Today started a new school year for us. It is both exciting and bittersweet. This year Hoopy will be a Senior (graduating !?!?!?!) and Roosie started her Freshman year. Our homeschool journey is in its final days. Time just needs to slow down. I am not ready for this crazy ride to end. I mean, I look forward to my children growing, finding their place in the world and starting their own families, but it takes my breath to think about the end of our homeschool days. Already we have had our oldest son and daughter graduate. Its a conflict of pride and fear for me. I'm proud of all their accomplishments yet I fear the ending of our long journey. These are days we can never regain...
At least this December my college journey will be over and I will have an easier schedule; so our homeschool days will again have a quiet rhythm. My DD BabyGirl carries the load for me on days when I have class. She is a blessing beyond measure.
I am quite excited for the literature part of our school year. This first semester we are reading A Christmas Carol . I have notebooking sheets (available on HSLaunch , check the sidebar for links) that the kids will use to answer questions on. There are so many great resources out there for this book. I hope to get a post together with all those resources within the next week. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment