Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Wanna Know a Secret ?

Ok , I'll tell ya ! I have always had a "dream" to write a book . A novel that would somhow change the world . As the years have passed that dream has faded into the far recesses of my mind , popping up only occassionally . Well yesterday was one of those "pop up" days . After thinking about this great literary work that I would never pen , I told myself , " Self , it's ok . Writing a bestseller isn't really that important anyway . " It was that moment when God spoke so clearly to me and revealed that indeed I am writing a book , a novel that will change the world . It might not be put onto paper by my hand but it is written on the pages of time by my actions , words and deeds .My "book" will affect all those around me . My husband will read it , my children will read it , so will my family and friends . What I say or do in my "book" will have a profound effect on people in this world . What kind of change will my "book" cause ? Will my children become good parents ? Will my lost loved ones be saved ? Will I lead someone astray because I was a hypocrite ? What kind of language do I use in my "book" . Does it glorify God ? More important , who is the main character in my "book" ? Is it me and mine or is it God and His Son , my Savior Jesus Christ ? Wow ! What a profound revelation God sent my way . It put a whole new spin on things . I am so grateful that as I "write" this great(?) work , I have the best Editor in the business . He always know what scene to delete and which one to add and which direction the characters need to go in . And when I kneel to accept the award (reward) for my life's work I can give credit to whom it's due , I can say "Thank you Lord , I couldn't have done it without you !" ~ Nikki

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea about the "book." I have to remind myself of that when I'm frustrated at not having time to work on my writing.


    Also, thanks for the encouragement on my blog. Still waiting on the MRI to get scheduled. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is beautiful and your page looks great. I think I need to take some classes on blogging. This can be my summer project.

    ReplyDelete