Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Beautiful Mess Diamond Rio Book Review


Beautiful Mess



First off let me say that back in the “day” I was a huge Diamond Rio fan. As a matter of fact I told my DH when we started dating that if Diamond Rio ever came to Knoxville in concert that he had to take me. Not long after that we were able to see them at one of the Knoxville stations Listener Appreciation shows. They sounded just as great in person as on cd. Their song, “I Know How The River Feels” was the song I walked down the aisle to. Needless to say over the years my musical interests have leaned more toward Southern Gospel and Contemporary Gospel. Yet I was excited when I signed up with Thomas Nelson Publishers to do book reviews that Diamond Rio’s biography, Beautiful Mess, was one of the books available.



I started reading the book as soon as I got it from the mail. Honestly, I found it hard to put down. I was amazed at the lives of these great guys. Most of them come from Christian backgrounds and have returned to those roots so to speak. I loved reading about the closeness they share as a band and “family”. From their lowest depths to their highest moments, the guys share their life stories with honesty. You see the good, bad and the ugly. Yet through all the struggles they still found that God is God and He has a plan. I really enjoyed this book and I’m sure you will too. Check it out here:http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/



God Bless ~ Nikki

1 comment:

  1. I just received my copy (for review) in the mail today. I, too, used to be a big Diamond Rio fan - and I got to see them in concert locally as well. I'm anxious to read the book.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete