Search This Blog

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Praying with expectation

I wanted to share this with everyone . I posted this on a message board that I'm a member of . I wanted to post it here too . I'm sure someone else has felt this way . I love how God opens our eyes so that we can see clearer .

"I wanted to share something with everyone . The focus of our church in January was prayer . We had a prayer revival (met for a week and prayed for ourselves and each other) and studies on prayer . Last week we had two speakers come and share with us , one was the Prayer Coordinator of our association . He shared some words that have been running through my mind every since . He said , "pray with excpectation , faith believing ." Now , I thought about that for a while and realized that alot of times when I pray , although I have faith that God can answer , I don't always expect Him too . Does that make sense to anyone ? I guess I have a little bit of a "your gonna do what your gonna do God" attitude sometimes . How awful is that ! Embarassed Anyway , God has really been dealing with me over this . He reminded me how clear His words were on this subject . John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. God wants us to pray with the expectation that He will answer . Hebrews 4:15 - 16 For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. I need to apologize to everyone who I have been praying for , I haven't been praying with expectation . I'm glad God opened my eyes to this and I assure you I will be praying for your more and EXPECTING , not just believing God will answer . ~ Nikki"

No comments:

Post a Comment