Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

They Grow Up So Fast

Today my "baby" turned 7 . My youngest daughter "Roosie" had a birthday today . I can't believe how quickly the years have passed . It seems so unreal at times doesn't it ? It's like we blink and they have grown . It has been a fun day . My parents and aunt came over for Roosie's birthday supper tonight . She is having a party with her brother "T" on Friday . His birthday is the 28th so they wanted to have their party together this weekend . The weather here is finally settling down . Spring temps returned yesterday . We are having "Spring showers" right now . I have lots of things in bloom . Grape hiacynth is coming up in my yard . I plan on transplanting them to a flower bed so the mower doesn't knock them down . My husband put up an owl box for us . Hopefully we will have nesters soon . We really enjoy watching birds . Our Civil War study is going great . We are all learning so much . I have really put the free resources at the library to good use . I am so grateful to be able to be at home with my children . I don't thank God enough for it but I feel impressed to do so now . ~ Dear Heavenly Father , thank you for the oppurtunity to be the one who teaches my children . Thank you for allowing me to be at home with them while supplying my husband with the strength to go out every day and work hard to provide for his family . I ask Lord that you uplift and encourage him , renew his strength every day . I also ask that you uplift and encourage every homeschooling parent . Help us to stand strong even when we feel like we should quit . Bless our efforts and the efforts of our children as we seek to do what is right in your eyes . I ask also Lord that you impress upon each parent's heart the need and desire to bring their children home and teach them how to walk in your statutes and commandments . I pray that those who are lost will make this day the day that they accept Jesus . I pray for those who are sick , that they will receive your blessed touch . All these things I ask in your Son Jesus' name , Amen .


~ Nikki


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment