Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

I won !

Wow ! I was so excited yesterday when I checked my blog and saw that I was one of the winners of the Battle for the Toybox contest . Thanks HSB for such a great contest .  I was going to blog last night but I was just to tired and my mind just couldn't focus . I had to go to the doctor yesterday for my physical and to get results from a thyroid ultrasound . They found what they called a "nodule" that is about 8/10ths of a cm big on my right lobe . The nurse practioner said he wasn't concerned about it but I have this nagging little feeling in my head that it might be something to be concerned about . I had this same feeling with a dark freckle that my DD1 was born with . It began to change and grow as she got older and in the summer of 2005 it began to become slightly lighter around the edges . Once again the NP wasn't concerned but that feeling just wouldn't go away so I just kept at her and she said if it concerned me that much then she would send DD to a dermatologist . When the dermatologist saw it he removed it for testing and it came back as a precancerous melanoma . So DD1 had to go through surgery that was very painful and left her with a scar that constantly itches because of the nerve damage where they had to cut so deep and have more spots removed . She has to be checked every 6 months for the rest of her life . I believe God is that nagging feeling :) So I will call today and see if I can get a second opinion . Everyone just pray for me if you don't mind and BabyGirl I hope you don't mind that I shared your story . It was a frightening time for us and maybe I will blog about it more at another time if it's ok with DD . Parents , just keep an eye on your kids skin , especially during the summer . Make sure they wear sun screen and check birthmarks regularly for any changes  . I was really surprised that her birthmark hid such danger . All of my Blessings were born with dark freckles so I have to keep a close eye on them . Well have a great day today everyone .

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! And, I do not blame you for getting a second opinion.

    ReplyDelete