Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Happenings

Well Spring has arrived full force . The redbuds are beautiful this year. I will try to post some pics on my other blog tonight or tomorrow. Flowers are coming up everywhere and we will be planting our garden this weekend. We have grown some things from seed. I will tell you more about my gardening escapades later. Sorry I was late posting the website of the week. I was playing around with Tman and Toodles the other night and Tman kicked my hand on accident and cracked my knuckles on my middle and ring fingers. OUCH! I don't have as much stiffness and pain today so that is good. We are plugging along with school. We had to play catch up since we spent 2 weeks preparing Tman and BabyGirl for competition and then the trip itself. They were gone for a week but God was good and he made time pass quickly for me. They came back with several medals. They both took first in one event each so they were extremely happy. We have been doing our math PACES and learning about biomes in science . Next week we study classification. We are also finishing up our study on the continents . It seems unreal that school will be over for us in about 2 months. I don't know where time went this year. God has been opening up new ideas for me for my Women's Ministry book I am working on. Someday with His grace it will be completed. We have celebrated two birthdays in March , Roosie (9) on the 20th and Tman (14) on the 28th. They are growing up so fast. Tman is as tall as me now but not for long. He seems to grow an inch a day! Toodles is still unemployed technically although God has blessed us in that he has several "jobs" people have asked him to do. We have just been setting back and letting God be God. Toodles has also been doing some woodworking when he can. He made me a lovely garden bench/kneeler that he saw in Birds and Blooms. He hopes to be able to sell them. They are beautiful and practical so I think he will do good. I have been enjoying the spring peepers chorus and the singing of birds over the last few weeks. Butterflies are everywhere in our yard and we have a Momma rabbit and her young one living in our front flower garden. My birdhouses are filling up so I'm sure there will lots of Spring babies to keep a lookout for. Well, I'm begining to ramble so I will go . Blessings! ~ Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Spring has arrived here in England. The blossoms are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete