Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Catch Up Time !

Good morning all! Sorry there was no post for Monday's Website of the Week. We have been super busy around here. We spent last week enjoying all the free stuff in our area. It was very nice! We played mini golf, went to the aquarium and some other neat stuff too. School is finished for us for the year. I just have to get grades turned in and stuff filed away. Tman officially becomes a high schooler this year so congrats Tman! We will be having a little celebration for him when we return from vacation. My BIL and his family hired Toodles to pet sit for them while they are on vacation this week. They have invited our whole family to come and enjoy a little mini vacation at their house and go swimming. We look forward to this relaxing time together (thanks BIL and SIL). When we return from Georgia we will be home for a few days. Just long enough really to prepare for our annual family camping trip with my parents. I enjoy this so much! We never went camping as a family when I was young. I started camping in my teen years . So this is nice to get away with my parents, hopefully my Brotherman can come this year too. My parents share their campsite with us so no out of pocket expense for us. So God has really blessed us during Toodle's layoff. We were worried we wouldn't be able to "get away" this year. The lightning bugs will be synchronizing next week in the Cove . It is something to see! We watched it for the first time last year and it took my breath away. If you live near the Smokies you should head to Cades Cove Friday and Saturday of next week to catch the show.
Toodles is still among the ranks of the unemployed. We never thought it would be this long . But God has a plan and knows what He is doing so we will wait. Even though things are kinda tight and we will have to do some rearranging in some areas, I know we will be ok. Of course now I feel really bad about complaining last year that Toodles was working too much and that we never got to see him. This time together as a family has been awesome though. We needed it. So thank you Lord!
Pray for us as we will be doing some traveling.Take care and have a great time over the next couple of weeks. I will try to post while I am at my BIL house so that I can do Blog of the Week. Blessings! ~ Nikki
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. I never did get those Spring pictures posted on my picture blog and here it is almost summer. But I will get to it!
Goofing off in the flash room at Ripley's BION.
Mini golfing... one of our fave pastimes.
Family portrait in the mirror maze. That was cool.
Hanging out in the Lethal Weapons exhibit at the Ripley's aquarium.

Leopard shark

Crown of thorns starfish
The jellies!

The octopus. Sorry about the flash. I had to turn it on. You couldn't see him without it.


I had to rescue this little fella. He was learning to fly at the same time a baby cardinal was learning. He ended up in the wrong side of the yard and a fight ensued between the parents of both birds and both babies were being attacked. So I moved him to the back yard where his sibling was waiting. Everything calmed down then and both babies were fine.

The sibling.

The baby cardinal.

My parent's blubirds. They have been tenants for several years.

The babies!!

1 comment:

  1. We loved camping near Cade's Cove! Especially this time of year...except for the fact that the mountain stream/river nearby is just a bit too chilly for this Florida girl to go tubing. :-) Wondering how so many people can enjoy swimming in an "ice cube." :-) ha ha Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete