Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Our VBS

Gin asked for some details of our VBS . I thought I would post a slide show of some of our decorations. We are doing a HolyLand Adventure from Group publishing. We have used their HLA themes for the last 3 years. We started with Bethlehem Village and last year we did Galilee by the Sea. This year is about the death and resurrection of Christ. The one thing I don't like about it is they don't have their curriculum in KJV which I prefer ( I know others have opinions on it but that is mine and I wont argue about it). That is something that is easy to work around though. The first year we had our Tribes outside in tents but last year we moved inside for Tribe time because of the heat and we will do the same this year.Our Marketplace shops will be outside as will the Gathering which is a time of singing.To decorate the rooms we use brown wrapping paper and an old chipped white board and draw "block' walls with cracks and chips in it . Plus we add a little friendly creature in each room to see if the kids can find it. I don't have pictures yet of the decorated rooms but I will post some later. We are just finishing up with them. Be much in prayer for us that we will see children and parents led to the Lord during VBS. ~ Nikki



2 comments:

  1. This is great! The decorations and theme are really nice. I pray your VBS will be reap a great harvest. Around here, our church saw 6 saved, and two other local churches had ten saved at each of their VBS programs. Twenty-six precious souls given to the Lord--that's what it's all about. in CHRIST, Gin

    ReplyDelete
  2. MayTheyBeMightyMenJune 24, 2008 at 1:24 AM

    Wow! You all did a wonderful job on the environment. I love VBS for that reason. You just walk into another world. :')


    Our church hasn't done a traditional VBS for several years. I miss it a bit. We have had other fun things available, like a family VBS-like event.


    It looks like yours would be very, very fun! :')

    ReplyDelete