Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

Early Morning

It has been an early morning for some of us here. BabyGirl, T, Roosie and I have been up since before dawn watching the Perseid meteor shower. This morning was peak but you will still be able to see them til about August 24.We saw some great fireballs. Needless to say we were very excited. It was a beautiful morning to be stargazing. The temp was about 60 degrees and the sky was super clear. The stars were so bright and beautiful.What an awesome Creator we have!


Last night we did some work around the house. My aunt gave me a matching washer/dryer set since mine was on its final legs. (My dryer door was held shut by a big magnet and took 2 hours to dry a load of laundry and my washer liked to leave grease stains on my white clothes). We put our new to us appliances (PTL! He provides!) in the laundry room.We also mowed the yard and cleaned up outside. This morning everything looks so good.


I'm still working on some stuff for school. Our first day will be here before long. I look forward to it but then I dread it at the same time. I enjoy teaching and learning with my kids but it is sad to see the summer days slip away.


Please remember to keep my cousin Jamie and his family in your prayers. he entered the hospital for emergency surgery Saturday and will probably not leave it unless God sees fit to give him his healing here on earth. His cancer has spread and the dr says there is nothing more they can do. They don't expect him to last a week. But my friends , we serve a great and awesome God! Jamie's life is His to control. Jamie has been a good and faithful minister for the Lord and I know God will do what is best for him. I believe "Cuz" himself would say


Phippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.


Pray for Jamie, his wife and children and his parents. Pray that Jamie's loved ones will be prepared for whatever God decides. Remember my friends:


And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. (James 5:15-18)


God Bless! ~ Nikki

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for your cousin. We meant to get up and watch the meteor shower, but accidentally slept through it!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank You Momma!


    Love you bunches! :-)


    Love, Baby Girl

    ReplyDelete