Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Good morning everyone! I made a post titled " A Fungus Among Us" on my picture blog Over Hill and Under Hill . There are some neat fungi pics. We will try to identify them while studying plant classification later this year.School time is drawing closer and closer for us. We have all of our school supplies bought now. We hit all the sales and ended up only spending about $38.48. That's not bad for five people. I always buy supplies for me too just in case I want to color need to create a display for a lesson , yeah that's it , a display.(OK , I admit it! I like to color!) Anyway it is always nice to buy extra. Here is a list of what we bought this year and the price.


Walmart


(4) 3 ring binders - $ 8 ($2 each)


(5) Roseart classic markers - $ 3 ($.60 each)


(5) Roseart bold color markers - $ 3 ($.60 each)


(5) Roseart color pencils - $ 1.50 ($.30 each)


(5) Crayola crayons - $.75 - ($.15 each)


(5) 2 pack Elmers glue sticks - $.50 - ($.10 each)


(4) Post It Sortable Cards - $1.00 - ($.25 each)


(1) 2 pack red grading pencils - $.68


(1) Crayola water color set - $.75


(1) 4 pack mini pencils - $1.68


Walgreens


(4) 6 pack Papermate highlighters - $.36 - ($.09 each)


(4) 10 pack Paermate pens - $.36 - ($.09 each)


Staples


(20) paper - $1.90 - ($.09 each)


(20) poly 3 prong folders - $4 - ($.20 each)


(10) Elmers School Glue - FREE ( 2 FREE per person)


(50) Paper 2 pocket folders - FREE ( 10 FREE per person)


Dollar Tree


(3) 2 pack wall calendars - $3 ($1 each)


(3) 2 pack wall calendars days and numbers - $3 ($1 each)


(1) Months Header pack - $1


(2) 3 pack rulers - $2 - ($1 each)


(2) Presentation boards - $2 - ($1 each)


I thought we did well on shopping this year.


I am also tickled that Julia over at Creative Ladies Ministry has used one of my devotions for her breat cancer theme, Pink Rain. That is an issue that is very close to my heart. My SIL battled it for 8 years and now we are afraid it is rearing its ugly head in my Momma's life. Please pray that it isn't so. We expect her mammogram results back in 2 weeks. I have been a member of the Hen House for years and it is a great place for fellowship among Christian women of many denomonations. Especially those who work in Women's Ministry. I lead the Women's Ministry at my church . I write devotions and have some forms and ideas at my website Cross Bearers Web Home. I lost my files a few months back so there are not many devotions on the sight right now. I am in the process of trying to get the old files off of my old computer. There are some other printables on there. I don't talk much about our Church life on here because this is my school blog. I try to keep school life seperate from church life. We are very active at our church so we are there a lot. Our homeschool is something that although is God's , it is also our private "family" thing. Does that make sense? I don't think I'm saying this the way I mean it. Anyway , the sight is there for anyone who would like to use it.


My friend Shirley , MyThr33sons, has a great prayer requests blog . If you have a request you would like to share be sure to check it out. Have a great day! ~ Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment