Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day Of Autumn 2009

Happy Fall Y'all! Its official ~ Autumn is here! We had a great first day of Fall. The weather has gone from foggy and rainy to sunny and then back to rainy again. We started our studies on poetry today. We read Fog ~ Carl Sandburg, Autumn ~ Emily Dickinson and several by Robert Frost. I love his poems. Imagine my surprise when I mentioned Robert Frost's name and Hoopy says "I know that name!" He then begins to recite "The Road Not Taken" and Roosie chimes in. I give them the "I can't believe you know that" look of course. Hoopy says," I learned it on Disney". Roosie says," Yeah Mom. See we do learn stuff from tv so you should let us watch it for school." AH, the things kids say. We also had a nice art project today. We colored some leaves from one of the sites I posted yesterday. Then we cut them out and taped them onto some jute string and tied on some old strips of gingham I had and made a garland. We hung it up over the window in the living room. I will try and post a picture of it tomorrow. Well its time to go read some blogs before bed. Be sure to join the Autumn Poetry Party this year. You can read the details at the top of the blog. Blessings! ~ Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment