Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

First Week Of School









Our first week of school went great. Tman has found his niche in the Christian school again and is enjoying himself. He has learned quite a bit this week. I think he has been most intrigued by his Bible PACE which makes me smile extra big. I love it when my Blessings enjoy the Bible. We are moving along at a wonderful pace in our PACES in our homeschool also. We seemed to have settled into a routine without much struggle. Last Sunday after Homecoming we headed up into the mountains for some quiet time and found some amazing things to do some nature study on next week. We are reading the Hobbit in our homeschool for this grading period. I am having the kids do some drawings for each chapter. This way we can get art and literature done at the same time. We are eagerly looking forward to Fall coming to our area. We love the cooler weather and color. On my HS Launch page you can download an Autumn Lapbook I made last year. I want to try and make some more this year. I enjoy making things for others to use. If you are interested in some free printables you can go to my page through the link on my right sidebar.


Today my girls and I got to meet my favorite author, Beverly Lewis. The girls and I love her books. She is so sweet and nice. She is an amazing writer and so friendly. She was having a book signing for her new book in the Seasons of Grace series at one of our library branches today. She was so easy to talk with and seemed very humble when I complemented her on her writing ability. I told her that God had really blessed her and she said “yes He has”. The look on her face when she said that spoke volumes about how much she loves her Lord. We have some pictures to put in our memory books. Here is a picture of my signed copy of the Missing.




I will be adding the link again for the Nature Nook on my blog. I created the Nature Nook last year on Ning to be able to share videos, pictures and printables about animals and nature with other homeschool moms. It didn’t take off like I had planned but maybe this year we can get it going. I miss the Blogger Friend School which seemed to help keep me on track blogging. I tried blogging about websites I had found and my favorite homeschool blogs but they didn’t seem to draw much traffic so I think I will no longer post about them. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a meme something like BFS. Maybe we could post our favorite Scripture and have an assignment to blog about like we did with BFS. If anyone else is interested leave me a comment. Maybe someone has started another BFS and I haven’t found out about it yet J If so let me know. Blessings! ~ Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment