Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Happy 12th Birthday Shoutout To DS Hoopy and Our Tree Frog

Today is Hoopy's 12th birthday so "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOOPY" ! I love you ~ always! Hoopy had two requests for his birthday. One was to visit his Grandparents in Chattanooga , which won't happen today due to vehicle problems. And to sleep late. Now that one I can do. As a matter of fact he is still sleeping peacefully. We will have some "hands on" stuff for school today. why? Because we must take our 5 gallon aquarium and build a habitat for this fella: He is a gray tree frog. Hoopy caught him last night on our porch.
Now Hoopy has the nickname " Lizard Whisperer" in our family because he like to "hypnotize" lizards by rubbing their bellies. i'll let you know if he tries to "hypnotize" the frog :)
What is especially neat is that this morning, the tree frog had changed his camoflauge.
He looks less like tree bark today and more green. I thought that was neat. He will be our guest for a little while anyway so we will make him more comfortable today. I will post a picture of his new home tomorrow. I plan on making some worksheets and stuff for us so that we can study our new guest. I will post them on HS Launch when they are done. Once again let me invite you to join the Autumn Poetry Party. Have a great day ! Blessings! ~ Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment