Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Solar System Unit Study

I just thought I would share with everyone the links I have been using with our Solar System unit . There are tons of great books out there to use but what I will list here are the informative websites and free notebooking and lapbooking websites . For this unit the kids are keeping the planet fact sheets in their notebooks for reference but our big project is actually a big lapbook we are working on together . I bought a presentation board at the $ Tree , it is folded just like a big lapbook , and we have been using coloring sheets of the planets to color and cut and paste in the lapbook . I bought some half size index cards at Big Lots that we put the planet facts on and paste it next to the picture . We also use our encylopedias to gather facts about the Roman gods that the planets are named after ( this has turned out to be a great way to have extra Bible time too ) and paste these on the lapbook too . I wish I could post a picture but my digital camera is broken . Anyway here are the links . I hope you can use them . As always be discerning in what you choose to use for your homeschool . Some of these have some great stuff and other stuff you may not want to use .


The Learning Page - you have to become a member to access most of the themed pages but it is free . Once you join you will find the Space worksheets under the members themed sheets .


Notebookingpages.com - a couple of free sheets


Solar System Coloring Book 


eMints - A wealth of different themes , be sure to take a few minutes and check it out . There are several links for the Solar System .


JeannieFulbright.com - free notebooking pages


Exploring Planets In The Classroom - lots of stuff to sort through




2 comments:

  1. Hey Mom! I awarded you! :-) Love ya! ~ Baby Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the great links!


    Blessings, Melissa

    ReplyDelete