Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2008



Memory Verse: Romans 10:17 - So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.


Intro:  America’s Favorite Dessert J-E-L-L-O - What we read affects what we believe.  When we feed the Scriptures in our spirit, faith comes alive and becomes a living force within you.


Assignment: Write about your favorite ‘faith food’.  Tell about the books of the Bible that you read that help to build your faith.  Nurture the seeds of faith inside you.  ex: Acorns become Oak trees.  It seems Mr. Linky is messed up again, so please leave your site and post number in the comments so we can access your post.  Thank you.


It seems like every time I read I find something new that touches my life in some way. God knows just what we need to be uplifted and encouraged. As a whole I would have to say that Matthew is my favorite book of the Bible with Psalms being second.To me Matthew makes Jesus "come alive" if you know what I mean. It was the first book I read through as a whole several years ago as a new Christian. Psalms to me is like a balm to a battle weary soul. Whenever I feel down and discouraged it seems like God always sends me to Psalms. It is a wonderful book. Psalm 46:10 is my all time favorite verse. "Be still, and know that I am God' The Scripture I would like to share with you today though is all from the Old Testament. These are Scriptures that have really lifted me up and helped me stay focused over the years. The Old Testament is full of such beautiful encouragement and heart mending verses. So here is my list. Blessings! ~ Nikki


But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings. When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death: That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.
(Psalms 9:7-14 KJV)


To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.



(Psalms 51:1-19 KJV)

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed. He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel. The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
(Psalms 103:2-18 KJV)


Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
(Psalms 139:23-24 KJV)


A Psalm of David. LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee. Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
(Psalms 141:1-3 KJV)


Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
(Jeremiah 1:5 KJV)


Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
(Joshua 1:9 KJV)


But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
(1 Samuel 16:7 KJV)




2 comments:

  1. Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

    (Jeremiah 1:5 KJV

    It's such a blessing to look back at my life and see that the Lord did choose me before I was born. Thank you for all the great scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first line...that is what makes the Bible so alive and relevant--the fact that God speaks to us differently through even the same text depending on what we're going through at the moment.


    Thanks for your welcome to BFS at Treasured Chapters. :-)

    ReplyDelete