Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Closing Out 2008

It is hard to believe that 2008 is about to end and we will walk into a brand new year. Looking back we have had quite an exciting year as a country. As a family we have had a pretty good year too. It has had its rough moments but overall God has been real good. Our CHRISTmas , although it did not go as planned, was great. We were able to spend it with family and friends in celebration of the birth of our Savior and that is what it is all about. Our plans were to take Toodles' bonus and buy the kids a Nintendo Ds but when Toodles picked up his check on the 18th they gave him a layoff slip and of course no CHRISTmas bonus. Needless to say we were pretty down. We had no warning. After the initial shock wore off I of course began to panic and saying "God, what are you doing?". Later after much prayer from me and others who were praying for us , peace just took over and my question then became, "OK God, what are you gonna do?" Everything is in His hands anyway and He knows what is best for our family. Although at times the old panic trys to sneak back in I just keep praying. I am holding to the truth in His Word, The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
(Psalms 37:23-26 KJVR)
We are eager to see the way our Lord provides for us in the new year. We are also thankful for the time we get to spend together as a family now. For most of this year Toodles worked 2 - 3 jobs and wasn't home much except to eat and sleep. Now he will be doing school with us and that is great. We have decided that our weekends in 2009 will be spent hiking the awesome trails we have here in the Smokies. We all enjoy being in the great outdoors and what better way to do that and get fit than hiking. Also our Blessings are growing up fast. We want to make some awesome memories together. A couple of weeks ago we had to go to the VA center in Johnson City. While we were in that area we stopped by Davey Crockett State Park and goofed off. We had a blast. Memories like that will be priceless in years to come.
I also have some changes in mind for my blog in 2009. I want to do some posts on different things. One idea is doing a featured website once a week and helpful home tips. I'll have a schedule posted on the side bar about what will be posted when. I'm still adding the finishing touches to my overall idea. I also want to do a featured blogger. I know we have one on the HSB Porch but I want to add one here at my blog. Some of my favorite blogs were found by reading about them on another bloggers site.
Anyway , keep your eye out for the new stuff coming and keep us in your prayers. Blessings! ~ Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment