Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snow and The Aquarium

Two days ago we had our first official snowfall here in the valley. O.K. it was a scattered dusting of snow but still there was snow in my yard and every flake counts, right? I love snow and I hope we actually get some this Winter. Our Winters are starting to feel like Spring. Although this year we have been having more Fall and Winter like temps. Sunday , Newfound gap had plenty of snow so we took our kids up there to play for a while before church. I will be posting some pictures of our trip on my other blog, Over hill and Under Hill. Here is a sneak peek though. (Hold your mouse over each picture for commentary)


Hoopy doing a face plant in the snow.


Hoopy with the ensuing brain freeze.


The kids want to have a snowball fight with daddy. So Daddy arms himself with a snow BOULDER!


Kids running in fear! I have no idea who that woman is in this picture but rest assured she was laughing at us.


Tman was with his Uncle but this is the Simcox Family snowman. The first one of the season:)


School has settled into a decent routine after our first quarter. Equations, multiplication and fractions have been tackled easily. Believe it or not, no tears! (At least not from the kids ) I have altered my daily grading on some subjects so that we have a weekly grade instead. Last quarter I graded their English and Spelling every day and figured that into their average. From now on I am only going to take their grades from their weekly test. It works out better for me this way. Plus its like the way their math PACES are graded and I like that system.


We were able to visit the Ripley's Aquarium Tuesday night. (It is free for Sevier County reidents or workers til tonight. All the Ripley's attractions are. I made a post the other day about it. Its on this blog somewhere. Go ahead and look for it just ignore the cobwebs and dust bunnies. I haven't cleaned here yet.) I have some videos I will try to get in this post. If not then I will post them later. The kids and I are going to play mini golf today. Toodles is going to be traveling to Chattanooga tonight to visit his parents. His Father has surgery tomorrow so be much in prayer for him. Pray for Toodles too, for traveling grace. Also if you would, pray for my Momma. She has MS and she has fallen several times this past week and is having some paralysis in her midsection. This is a scary time for her but as always she puts up a brave front. She is quite a woman my Momma!


We will be working on our lapbook/notebook project about Thanksgiving next week. I will post pictures when we finish. Well, have a great day everyone and be sure to visit my other blog to see those pictures. Blessings to all! ~ Nikki


I would also like to leave you with this thought and verses:


The Will of God will not lead you where the Grace of God cannot keep you.



Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.



Lamentations 3:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment