Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday November 4, 2008 : A Historical Day To Be Sure

First let me say it feels good to relax for a while. Right now I am sitting here at the computer looking out my open window at the most colorful Autumn leaves I can remember. I hear the birds and squirrels scratching through the dry leaves on the ground searching for food and it is such a comforting sound. It makes me smile.The weather has become very pleasant. Our days are around 65 - 70 degrees and our nights around 35 - 45. I have been so busy this past week getting things ready for my Think Pink meeting for my Women's Ministry meeting and our Fall Festival at church. Although I enjoyed both very much it is nice to know that all that extra work is behind me and I can slow down a bit. We have several Dr. appointments this week and next but after that we will hopefully be able to slow down and enjoy the holiday season.


Last night we went to our local Winterfest celebration. The kids played games, ate free food and watched the Winterfest lights get turned on and we watched the awesome fireworks display. We all enjoyed it but I think the best part was the 7 feet tall gingerbread house that WSCC culinary arts department built. It was beautiful! Plus it looked delicious.(It was completely edible.)


Tonight of course Dh and I will be enjoying our right to vote and casting our ballots in this historic election. I encourage everyone to go and vote. Now is not the time to have a "whatever" attitude. We as Christians must stand and do what is right. Vote according to your convictions. God wants us to fully believe in what we say we believe in , whether our belief is in Him or not. And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.



(1Kings 18:21)



And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods; For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed: And the LORD drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God.


(Joshua 24:15-18)


I would like to share with you a post I made on a discussion on the Homeschool Lounge. It says fully how I feel about voting.The main thing to remember though is no matter what happens today during this election, God is still God and He never changes.His plan will always prevail. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

"I just wanted to put my thoughts here and hopefully I will not offend anyone. First, I used to not vote at all . My Vet DH encouraged me to begin and then of course God convicted me to continue. As Christians we have an obligation to stand for what is right. The simple truth is this , if you don't stand for what is right then you are standing for what is wrong by default. To know to do right and not do it is a sin. God's words not mine. That being the case I could never vote to place someone in office from the Democratic party simply because of their too liberal party beliefs. My belief (please don't anyone be offended, this is my opinion) is that as a Christian I couldn't vote Democrat simply for those too liberal views. I would either be compromising my God by upholding Dem. views or my party by not upholding their views on same sex marriage and other issues. By no means am I a die hard Rep. either. I vote for who I believe stands for the right thing as a Christian. I have been praying about voting and will continue right up until I fill out the ballot. But most importantly is this, stand up for what as right as a Christian and trust that God knows what is best for this world. He has a master plan and all the pieces are falling into place according to Biblical prophecy. He will place into power the ones that will fulfill His plan and believe it or not that may be Obama.(Remember, Pharoah and Herod had their places in God's plan too.) This election will have ripples that spread out worldwide. It is historical for us both as Americans and Christians. But guess what ? God is bigger than this election and He holds the whole world in His hands so no worries right? Blessings! Nikki
Oh, to answer the original question in this thread... Color is not an issue for me. If God doesn't look at the outside why should we."


1 comment:

  1. I read this just as they announced Obama to be the next President.

    I have to be honest, it'll be hard for me to pray for Obama. With his charisma, anti-American and missing birth certificate. Who is he, really?

    I have to remember God is bigger than Obama.

    Blessings,

    Michelle



    ReplyDelete