Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2008

50 cent finds

Ok. Plain and simple it's like this. I love to spend as little money as possible. I like to buy stuff I just don't like to spend big bucks doing it. Especially when you are a one income family.I love to shop thrift stores and yard sales and more often than not we buy store brands at the grocery store. (I earned $20 in free gas doing that). Well last night Toodles took me out for dinner for our anniversary , thanks Momma for watching our kids:) , after we were done eating we went to a neat little place called "Home Accents". It is a cute little mall that has a little bit of everything in it . Even used books which were on sale for .50 each. YEAH ! I bought the diary of Anne Frank and the Adventure of Huckleberry Finn. We needed both for school this year. PTL ! You all should really be praying for me . We are trying to go back to the "basics" on some things.We bake our own bread and little stuff but this weekend I'm going to make pickles and not just any pickles , Aunt B's pickles. They are of course the best pickles in the world , yes I'm partial cause Aunt B is my "aunt" by marriage and she is awesome :) but truly her pickles are outstanding. i have been "making" them for years and just never got around to it but the time has come. I used to help my Mamaw can all the time when I was younger but you know how it is when you get out of practice . Oh yeah , I will try to post a picture of the flowers Toodles gave me for our anniversary . He bought me a bouquet of roses and one of sunflowers ~ how sweet is that ?! They are so pretty! Be sure to check out my friend Shirley's blog (finally the elusive S****** in some of my posts has a name) She is new here. Stop by and say hi ! ~ Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love to get things for cheap too. Good luck with your pickles, are they sweet or dill?

    ReplyDelete