Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I just wanted to come and praise the Lord a little bit this morning.Yesterday was just an awesome day for me. Nothing "exciting" happened really , as a matter of fact a couple of the Blessings weren't feeling well.We did have a great time at church though and some relaxing family time at home watching a movie . The "awesome" part is just that for a while now I have been asking God to renew my heart , my mind and my spirit (having some David moments) and yesterday it happened. I woke up feeling renewed. I felt joy within me , not bursting forth like a volcano , but kinda budding out like a flower. Now I haven't been down or anything like that it's just for a while I had been feeling like I was "stuck" if that makes sense. I wasn't unhappy. I just didn't feel joyful. Toodles preached at our evening service last night and he was talking about how we let Satan hinder us in every aspect of our our Christian life. We let him affect our witnessing, our personal walk with Christ and even our joy.(Now I haven't told Toodles how I've been feeling lately so I KNOW it was God speaking to me , just a friendly reminder from the Lord) The thought that came to my mind last night was this , Satan is indeed a powerful enemy but he is subject to a more powerful LIVING God! Why is it so easy for us Christians to forget that ?! Satan hinders us because we let him. Why don't we cry out to Jesus at those time? The Bible tells us Satan must flee at Jesus' name so why do we so often keep silent when he starts picking at us? We as the Army of God have an arsenal that can change the world and defeat our enemy , why don't we use it? Jesus is our fearless General and Prayer our greatest weapon but so often we don't use it to its full effect. Casting Crowns has a song that says"fearless warriors in a picket fence". How true is that sometimes? We are gung ho about fighting for the Lord as long as the battleground is inside our "comfort zone". But it's not...it's out in the world and Satan wants nothing more than to keep us from the front lines.I believe he is the furnisher of our"comfort zone". Well sorry if I've been rambling this morning. I'll hush now. God Bless Everyone ! Keep my Momma in your prayers please ! ~ Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment