Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finally VBS pics and a hello and welcome to my friend !

Hey ! First I would like to say welcome to my friend S****** . She joins us in blog world today and you can visit her here at My Thr33 Sons. Be sure to stop by and say hi. I am posting a slideshow of some of our VBS pics. I didn't get a good pic of one of the classrooms. Don't know where my mind was . (No comment from the peanut gallery S****** ! ) Anyway hold your mouse over each pic and it will tell you a little bit about it.Most of the costumes you see in these pics were made by the aforementioned friend S****** . She is very talented . She did an awesome job on the Roman Soldier costume . He was everyone's favorite this year. I am working on our Science goals for this year . We will be doing units and mostly notebooking . As soon as I get it together I will post it . If your like me you enjoy digging through other peoples links and stuff cause sometimes you find some neat stuff. I have to tell you about the neat stuff I found at the $ Tree this week . Of course I got a couple of the wall calendars so I won't have to put so much time into making them this year. But the great find was the flash cards and workbook from the Planet Earth series.Here is what I got : ( I had to take out the pictures . They were messing up my template but you can check out the stuff I got at Modern Publishing.)


Planet Earth : Animals of the Seas , Animals of the Air , and Geography flashcards. I also got the Animals of the Air Workbook. I wish I could have gotten the other cards in the series , Planet Earth Land Animals, and the other books but they didn't have them but I will check again. I just love the $ Tree !  Another great place to check out if you live in this area is The Teacher's Pet at Governer's Crossing. They have some great stuff , even for church, and the prices are very reasonable.


Also friends I have some prayer requests to leave with you . First my Mom , she has MS and many other health problems and she really needs prayer right now. Second my cousin who is having surgery tomorrow. Pray for calming peace for her and a speedy recovery . Third , my DH Toodles who has problems with his heart and some GI problems too. He is waiting to get scheduled to have an endoscopy. And last but not least please remember me. I have started a program to help me lose A LOT of weight. My goal weight is 150 lbs which I hope to reach by March of 2009. Pray that I hold true to my part cause I know God will hold up His side of the bargain to help me:) Thanks everyone. Also I guess I should apologize to all my friends here at HSB. I have not been doing a lot of commenting lately due to shortage of time these days trying to get all our school stuff done and our house organized before the new school year starts. But I promise I have been lurking on your blogs and keeping up with all the latest . I will be leaving comments again very soon . Thanks ! God Bless ~ Nikki


2 comments:

  1. I can not read ALL of your sentences on your Blog, they go behind your side bar things?


    I have noticed this on quite a few Blogs here lately, I wonder if Homeschool Blogger has some technical difficulties??!!!


    Go to "VIEW BLOG" and see what "WE" see and you should see what I am talking about!


    Thanks for stopping by!


    ~Kelly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly, it was the pics of the flashcards messing up the template . Thanks for the headsup . Have a great day ! ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete