Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary Toodles



After being together for 2 1/2 years Toodles and I were married on July 23, 1999 , 9 wonderful years ago. We didn't have much money so there wasn't a huge wedding. We just had a simple ceremony with family and friends and a wonderful reception provided by our loved ones. We honeymooned in Gatlinburg in a perfect country cabin owned by some people we worked with at one time. The place where I worked always got discounted and free stuff from local attractions for us employess so I ended up with a free white water rafting trip for two. Toodles and I had a great time doing that. Our favorite part ? ... Coming around a bend in the river and seeing this huge curtain of rain coming at us while thunder and lightning were crashing all around us ... wouldn't you know that a thunderstorm would sneak up on us !



Toodles is my best friend in the whole world. He became a father Daddy to my two children and in time to the two we biologically share. It takes a special man to step into the position of instant fatherhood and he wears that mantle well. Times have not always been easy but we have been blessed. My Mamaw once told me when Toodles and I were having a disagreement , " Don't expect your garden to grow if it never rains on it." Wize words !



I love you Papa ~ Big as the sky !





Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.



(Colossians 3:18-19)



 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.



(1Peter 3:5-7)



This is one of our favorite pictures of our family. When I came across it today I knew I had to add it here because it always makes Toodles laugh. Of course our Blessings are much older now but they were such cuties (still are). Once again Papa ~ we love you ~ always!



2 comments:

  1. * Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! *


    I Love You Bunches!


    ~ Baby Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is precious! Flannery O'Connor wrote a story called "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," but I think you and i both found great ones. God bless, Nikki! in Christ, Gin at Doehill

    ReplyDelete