Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

* BFS #104 - Never Leave Home Without It! *

October 6th, 2008 at 10:00 am

Don’t Leave Home Without It! (Marketing Credit: American Express)


Memory Verse: Matthew 28: 20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:  and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen.


Intro: Never Leave Home Without It (Marketing Credit:  American Express) Diapers, bottles, wipes, bibs, pacifiers, extra clothing, cell phone, PDA, ipod, iphone, credit or debit cards … what would you never leave home without?


Assignment: In the memory verse Jesus tells us that He will never leave us, not even at the end of the world.  He assures us in this verse that He will be with us and that means through everything we go through in life.  I thought it would be interesting to write about the things we would never leave home without.  For some it might be baby needs, others it might be a gym bag and bottle of water, and for some  it might be your Bible and a notepad or small journal, maybe even your son or daughters favorite blankie!  I’d like for you to write about something that you would never leave home without.



Picture Ideas: planner, books you read, address book, purse, keys, gym bag, water bottles, baby or children things, notepad/Journal, Bible.


Share your favorite scripture and don’t forget the Memory Verse above.


You may use this graphic for all your Assignments.





I don't like to leave home without...


Prayer


I like to pray before we leave the house.I like to ask God to watch over us as we travel.It doesn't matter if we are going 1 mile or 100 miles. Prayer seems to make the trip more enjoyable. We are supposed to pray about everything right?


Bible


I keep a small Bible in my purse. I like to have it to read while sitting in Dr. offices or while waiting in the car for my hubby. Keeping a Bible with you also assures you are able to show Scripture to people you are witnessing to. Lost people don't always wait outside the church doors. They can be sitting beside you in the Dr.'s office or behind you in the checkout line.


Camera


I love my camera my hubby and children bought for me. I keep it in my purse 98% of the time.You never know when you will see something awesome and want to capture it on camera. Our God is an awesome Creator and artist. I love to be driving down the road and see a field of wildflowers in bloom. I love it more to be able to capture it with my camera and use it as wallpaper on my desktop :)


I guess for this post I would have to say that Psalm 104 is my favorite. Yes , the whole thing :) Out of the whole chapter though, this verse really sums it up.



O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.


(Psalm 104:24)



These are some pictures I got because I had my camera with me. The beautiful skies are due to hurricane Ike and the hummer pics were taken at my Momma & Daddy's.










6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can't stand to leave without my camera, but I regret leaving without books (includes my bible) more.


    I really like your photos. I love pictures of the sky. :-)


    JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get myself a smaller, lighter camera because mine is awesome, but weighs a ton and we have missed some great photo ops...good idea. We too pray before leaving-mostly the long trips. I always try to say a prayer of safety for the kids/hubby when they take off for the day. I like your idea of witnessing while reading the Bible...great idea!

    Awesome shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list!!! I agree the camera and sadly will admit many times not bringing my Bible...BUT I am going to put on my wish list for a pocket Bible to keep in my purse. Great post!


    MrsTamara

    BFS Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful list to never leave home without.

    I am always forgetting my camera when we go somewhere that I would like to take pictures.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Nikki!


    Great post!


    We make it a habit to pray every time we get in the car to go somewhere. Sometimes I forget -- but the kids usually remind me!


    It's important to not go anywhere without prayer!!!


    BTW, Congratulations on winning the drawing! Yeah!!! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are neat pictures. I love looking at storm clouds. And it is neat to get pictures of Hummingbirds when they are visiting something besides a hummingbird feeder. It was a good thing you had your camera with you.

    ReplyDelete