Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

My New Niece Is On Her Way

My SIL called earlier today. She is in labor and my niece could be here tonight :) How exciting! Please pray for both of them to have a safe and easy delivery. Fall was definitely in the air here today. it was 42 this morning and our high was 68. Someone had their stove or fireplace going today and it filled the air with the scent of woodsmoke. It was great! Tman wanted pumpkin bread tonight so I have it in the oven and it smells great too.  I made an easy dinner in the crock pot tonight. Its filling even though there is no meat in it and its cheap.  I'll post the recipe :


Chop (peel if you desire) 8 potatoes into cubes


Cut into strips 1 each: green,red,yellow,orange bell pepper


Chop 1 large onion


Chop 2 cloves of garlic


Place into crockpot with just enough water to boil the potatoes (or more if you want a "soup")


Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 4 hours (give or take)


It may sound strange but this is actually a very good meal. It smells and tastes great plus it is very filling. It  would be perfect with homemade bread.


i do have another prayer request to pass along to you . Please pray for Shirley over at MyThr33Sons. She is having some health issues. I know that God will take care of her simply because He loves her but I want everyone to ask Him to anyway because I love her ... she is my dearest friend ! ~ Blessings! ~ Nikki

2 comments:

  1. I love all the new stuff on your blog! Congrats on the new Niece, and I will be praying for your request!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Hope your sister and the baby are doing great. : )

    Pam

    ReplyDelete