Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008





Memory Verse: Isaiah 40: 1- Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

Intro: “Have It Your Way” (Burger King)  - As cooler weather approaches and the winter eases into our doors I like to lounge by the fire after a hot shower.  I love to make soups that are brimming with a rich and full flavor.  In our home there’s nothing better than a hot bowl of soup or and a hot cup of coffee or cocoa on a cold winter night.

Assignment: Tell us all about how your have “your” relaxing time, more especially how during the cooler months you take time to curl up with your favorite movie, book, Bible study, and what your favorite warm drink would be.

Share a picture of your favorite spot in the house or your favorite warm beverage, your favorite movie or book; possibly even your favorite Bible Study or maybe your women’s Bible group.

Share your favorite scripture and don’t forget the Memory Verse above.



My favorite warm drink is without a doubt ... HOT CHOCOLATE! I love how it warms you up on a cold day. I like to curl up on the loveseat in front of the fireplace in my old comfy clothes and read. Jan Karon and Beverly Lewis are two of my favorite authors. "Mitford" is my favorite place to "visit" during the cold weather months.I also like to relax by watching the birds. I became *addicted* to birdfeeding and watching several years ago. Its strange how watching these lovely creations can make stress melt away. I have feeders all over my yard so I can enjoy watching them from just about anywhere in the house. Looking at the wonderful Fall colors always helps us relax too. We spent Saturday hiking to Clingman's Dome and on the Appalachian Trail. We spent the late afternoon and evening in Cataloochee. The colors are so vibrant this year. (I will post some pictures on my other blog later.)

I don't usually use Bible Studies. Not that I have anything against them, I don't. I have found and used some great ones.Its just I like to pray and just ask God to let me open His Word to what I need to "hear". I believe God always knows what we need before we ever even ask for it and that if we would just be still and listen He could tell us so much. Getting lost in His Word is by all means the best way to relax.

I have several verses I would like to add this week.

~ Blessings! ~ Nikki



Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.



Matthew 11:29

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 6:8

... for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.



Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God:

A Song of degrees.

(Psalms 132:1-18)

LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions: How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob; Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed; I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob. Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah: we found it in the fields of the wood. We will go into his tabernacles: we will worship at his footstool. Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy. For thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of thine anointed. The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore. For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it. I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy. There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed. His enemies will I clothe with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish.









This is Fall color in my yard.



This is my "warm weather" fireplace. Soon there will be real wood burning in it. We have already had to turn the heat on.Winters coming soon.





This isn't the greatest video but I hope you enjoy it. I took it from my living room window.









5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the bird watching too. Good choices for the scriptures as well-I forgot to post one...guess I will have to go back and do that. Thanks for the lovely post and stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night that there was a HUGE woodpecker on the window, but it walked like a man inside a costume.... My son got some great shots of a slate coloured junko who had become confused and REALLY wanted to come in the house through the window.


    Mrs Sombra BFS Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bird video. We have a little wood pecker and he comes in our yard and pecks our trees for the bugs, but doesn't come to our bird feeders. I'm not sure why. Maybe he just has enough food on his own. The Northern Flickers do come to our feeders though and those birds seem similar to the wood peckers. I love watching the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the video and espically the fall picture you shared. It's funny how different parts of the country are about to turn on their heaters and we are finally just turning off our air conditioning!!! LOL

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my blog & commenting.

    I see we are reading some of the same books, `Abrahms Daughters`. I am on book #3.

    I really need to get a hold of some Mitford books.

    I enjoyed watching the bird.

    Blessings,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete