Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. (Ecc 1:13-14)

Please listen to the song. Imagine you’re standing before God. There’s no Tomorrow, you can’t go back and finish up what you had planned on getting to sometime in the future.  What was that thing that you planned on getting to, that thing that now, you’re standing before God and thinking “I wish I had gotten to that…”





Assignment: We only have today. Should God take you today, have you accomplished everything that you wanted to, needed to. Have you said all the things that needed to be said?  Let’s have no regrets, let’s make sure we get to those things, so that when we’re standing before the Lord, the only thing we need to do is to worship him.. and not regret not getting to that thing on our to do list. Stop - go take care of that thing…. then, come tell  us what you choose to share. Don’t embarrass yourself or any of your loved ones.


Picture ideas: Be creative, go photograph something that “REPRESENTS” tomorrow. We can’t photograph time.. but we have ways of “showing” time in images.. how do you see “tomorrow”. This might be the only thing you choose to share about if you can’t publicly share what you needed to get done, and that’s alright too. Somethings are just to personal.




Share your favorite scripture in your post.



Sadly my "undone" list would be very long. Even as a CHRISTian who knows that Glorious Day is soon approaching, I still find myself procrastinating about way too many things. Why do I waste time when I know there is no time to waste? I have family and friends who need to know I love them, even though I say it alot , I can never say it too much. If I have hurt someone with words or deed then I have to stop assuming they know I'm sorry and make sure I tell them that I am. There is a world outside my comfort zone searching for something I have to offer, the way to Jesus. We have the oppurtunity to witness to hundreds a week. Why do we not even witness to one? There are people going hungry and being cold... have I done all I can do? NO! I'm a Preacher's wife and a Preacher's daughter and a Preacher's granddaughter, I work in the Women's Ministry, Sunday School and JR Church but none of that will matter if I'm not fulfilling the law of Christ... "Bear ye one another's burdens" Why do we get so busy in our own lives that we forget to get busy in others? James tells us in simple terms" working faith is living faith" We can say we are CHRISTians but if we are not being Christ like then we don't desrve that title. Christ put others before Himself, He went to those that the world shunned.He healed the broken and diseased. he touched people others wouldn't touch. He sat at the table of sinners to break bread with them so that they might understand what the "bread of life" was. We have so many "great" excuses but God doesn't deal with excuses. Moses tried to give Him plenty when God called Him to go to Egypt but God refuted every one with the simple truth that He is the great I AM, our Creator who endows us with all we need to carry out a job. I need to work as hard outside the church as I do inside the church because that is where the battleground is fellow soldiers... outside the church.I want to be able to hold my head up high when I stand before the One who died for ME. I want to feel worthy when He tells the Father , "this is one of mine". I want Him to be proud to call me his child. I want to be able to deserve the words" Well done my good and faithful servant". I could share many things with you this week about what I need to get done before I meet Him ... but I don't think I could bear to unveil myself to show you my many faults and failures. Just know that they are many my Friends. I'm sure when my works are tried by fire I'll be left with a lot of ashes.Pray for me this week as I work to complete more of the " List". Pray that I will have strength when needed and mercy and grace so that I can share with others what Jesus would have me say (or do).


Blessings! ~ Nikki


Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:


And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land. And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. (Exodus 4:9-12)


1Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.


WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE!


This picture reminds me of two things ... the endless possibilities of tomorrow and the gentle "rolling on" of time thoughout eternity just praising our God.


8 comments:

  1. kingskreation.net/archives/281October 28, 2008 at 1:18 AM

    I cannot help you with your answers, only tell you that God loves you, no matter what our faults are. Wonderful post, by the way...I've read three and want to go back and change mine, but I won't because mine is my forethought. Have a wonder-filled day!


    Mrs. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LivingWatersHomeschoolOctober 28, 2008 at 4:53 AM

    Wow, that gave me chills. You gave me so much to think about! Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think we all feel like that at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, my sweet sister.

    I think you speak for all of us.

    I know I fit in there.

    Thank you for your honesty.

    Blessings,

    Michelle

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/journeyhome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.

    -Heather

    http://mrsmomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand what you mean -- being a procrastinator by birthright -- but I think it's important to not let the enemy beat you up (or down) about it. If the realization that you have many "loose ends" spurs you to action, then it is from God. Praise Him for it! BUT if it paralyzes you and causes you to faint, then it may be an attack of the enemy. Rebuke it!!!


    Romans 8:1 -- "There is, therefore, now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"...read the rest of the chapter.


    I'd like to invite you over to my blog for a slice of virtual cheesecake and a cup of coffee. I'm celebrating my 1st blogiversary! Hope to see you there!!!

    <a href="http://whatbeautifulfeetyouhave.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-first-blog-anniversary_28.html">Rebecca @ Beautiful Feet</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm. That didn't work. Let's do it this way...


    http://whatbeautifulfeetyouhave.blogspot.com


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good post-right on too. Nice choice of verses and the picture is lovely. thanks for sharing your thoughts, I know it will touch others!

    ReplyDelete